Temple of Katharsis is a Greek black metal band formed in year 2011 influenced by Scandinavian scene with bands like Setherial, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem and Dark Funeral and Greek scene with bands like Rotting Christ, Necromantia and Varathron.
The band have 1 demo, 1 EP & two 3-way split releases so far and also have played with great Greek bands like Septic Flesh, Rotting Christ and Suicidal Angels.
Interview with Temple of Katharsis special for HomoFaber Zine
What inspires you when making music?
– What inspires us to create music is satanism, opposition to any religion, darkness and death.
Why did you choose this particular genre for yourself?
– Because its the genre that we love most. Its the genre that inspires us the most and express us the most!
How has the situation changed for the band in connection with the global pandemic?
– As with most bands, it affected us unhappily. But in a way the quarantine helped us compose new material for future releases!
Tell us about your project plans in the near future.
– Well our plans for the future are the release of a full album. We will also prepare to release a 4-way split and when the live shows finally start to do live appearance again.
Could you tell us a little about the upcoming album? What are you focussing on in the work process on it?
– As for the new album, it will be a black metal holocaust! We will do our best for its composition and creation and we want to believe that every black metal fan will love it!
Would you recommend some interesting underground projects from your country?
– A very interesting underground black / death metal project is the Bestial Entity band in which I also participate in the role of guitarist and bassist. It is a band influenced by the sound of blasphemy. sarcophago, mystifier & anal vomit. Recently, we even released our first ep “Treason of the dead” through the Greek Fistbang Records in protape limited edition 100 copies.