Today I want to tell you about one interesting game. Chernobylite – a Polish survival horror. This science fiction survival video game being developed by The Farm 51 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S in 2021. The game is set in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, where the player’s objective is to explore and find their significant other in the radioactive wasteland. Developers announced that Chernobylite will hit both current and next-gen consoles.
The game is mixing free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting and non-linear storytelling.
– Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone;
– Collaborate or compete with other stalkers you meet in the Zone. But whatever you do never fully trust them. Remember everybody has a hidden agenda. Always;
– Face and survive the natural and supernatural threats;
– Immerse yourself in the non-linear, thrilling, science-fiction horror story;
– Fight against the savage creatures pouring from the alternate reality;
– Investigate and collect data with sophisticated environment and substance analyzing tools.
April 26th, 1:23 AM Ukrainian time, 1986. The day when Chernobyl nuclear catastrophe happened and the life of 350,000 people changed forever. At the time you were just a young, passionate, naive physicist working at the facility. And like many, you’ve lost what was most dear to you – your girlfriend.
30 years later you’re still struggling with the demons of the past. So to finally put them to rest, you are getting back to what’s now called the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
The game entered Steam and GOG.com early access programs on October 19, 2019 and it is set to fully release in 2021. I’ll wait it with a great interest!
Chernobylite on Steam